iPhone X Whatsapp Facebook calls failing

Apple has released its one of most powerful iPhone till date which is iPhone X. The phone is equipped with many advanced features in it but many users are having different complaints about the iPhone. These can be related to iOS bugs but users don’t wish to see many issues on such an expensive piece. 


Some iPhone X users are not able to make call over VOIP apps like facebook or whatsapp. Everytime user attempt to make a call, Voice and Video calls over Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp have been failing. But when tried with old iPhone 7 Plus and make the same call and it works. Users have updated apps to latest version and also reinstalled the apps but the issue still persists.

The Facebook and whatsapp support claims it be iPhone X related issue as the apps works fine on other devices. But there are no official statements from Apple side on this. However you may try below fix to check if it helps you.

Turn off hearing aid setting:
Please try to turn off hearing aid compatibility as this seems to interrupt VOIP calling.

Go to General->accessibility->turn off hearing aid compatibility. This should get the issue fixed.

Reset All Setting:

Go Settings->General->Reset All settings. Please take backup before doing this as this woule delete all the data stored in your iPhone X. Once done reset all settings. The issue should be gone.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I cannot use Facebook Messenger video or voice chat on my iphone x. Reset does not help.
Anonymous said…
Same here, reset doesn't solve the problem...
Unknown said…
I can use what’s app voice or video calling and viber voice and video call
Unknown said…
Cant make whats app & facebook calls
Unknown said…
I can’t make call and video call on WhatsApp with my iPhone X. And for WeChat can’t use voice message. Help help
Shy said…
This is not working for me either ....
Unknown said…
Here i've the same problem! I reset all settings 3 times after i had my iphone x. Yes it works a while but then suddenly the same annoying problem occures again!!
Unknown said…
Cant make whats app & facebook calls!!! iPhone X is one of the worst phones ever!!!!!
Anonymous said…
Go to general,accessibility,turn off hearing aid compatibility
It worked for me
Anonymous said…
I cant make WhatsApp calls
Anonymous said…
Turn off hearing aid compatibility....it fixed for me
Anonymous said…
Turn offf Hearing aids works for me
Anonymous said…
THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU! by turning off hearing aid compatibility i could finally raise to listen and make whatsapp calls again <3
Anonymous said…
Turn off hearing aid compatibility....it fixed for me
Unknown said…
Just turn off hearing aid! That’s it!
Anonymous said…
Thank you very much bro, turn off ear hearing devinces helped directly
Anonymous said…
this was very helpfull now my whatsapp video call is working
Anonymous said…
Thank you turn off hearing aid worked for me
Unknown said…
I cannot use voip call on my iphone x. Reset does not help. and also Turn off hearing aid compatibility does not help
Anonymous said…
Turning off hearing aids worked for me
T Clarke said…
I turned on and off hearing aid. It worked. Thank you.
Jen29andholding said…
I can't make whatsapp voice or video calls and my hearing aid is not on, I've deleted and re-installed whatsapp and restarted my phone, none of that works. Please help as this worked before I got my iPhone X and it's really important!