iPhone Xs animation and scrolling stutters after screen idle time


Many of the iPhone Xs and iPhone XS Max users are facing issue with the phone animation and scrolling within apps after a short idle time or inactivity time. You can see slight stutter in scrolling and the app-closing animation after a period of inactivity. For example if you have the screen on with an app open in iPhone XS and just leave it idle for 10 seconds, then either start scrolling or swipe up to close the app, there's a slight stutter in the animation.

iPhone XS screen animation stutter 

And it’s not only animation stutter or choppy animations but scrolling on iPhoneXS becomes quite laggy too. The issue is really annoying as it’s happening while reading news on safari, an email using google mail or scroll through the settings menu: scrolling, waiting for approximately 5 to 10 seconds, scroll again and the iPhone XS screen lags one out of two times.
Some of the iPhone XS even replaced the iPhone considering this as an iPhone hardware bug, but the new replaced iPhone XS they have received is also giving screen lag, animation stutter after short time duration. Hopefully this is software bug in iOS 12.
The iPhone XS screen is also OLED screen like iPhone X, but the iPhone X never had such issue with animations. This is really surprising to have such issue in iPhone XS and Apple launching device with issues like that.
Some of the users in order to fix the issue did a clean install of iOS 12 but the issue is still present and can be seen with any iPhone XS. In fact when tried in Apple store with a brand new iPhone XS at display the phone still lags and the animation stutter or becomes really choppy.
But is even more bad news is that the next iOS 12 release i.e iOS 12.1 beta is also reported to have this issue and iPhone XS animation and scrolling stuttering does not seems to get fixed in iOS 12.1. Hopefully we will soon hear back from Apple on this issue and get a permanent fix.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi all!!
Same problem on " IPhone X"
THIS IS SOME KIND OF POWER SAVEING FUTURE WITCH PROVIDE NEGATIVE IMPACT OF PERFORMANCE!!
FPS DROP
ANIMATION LAG
SCROOLING STUTTERING

IN ALL HARDWARE, POWER SAVEING FUTURE AND ALL KIND OF ADAPTIVE MODE GIVES FPS DROPS.
THERE SHOULD BE A WAY TO TURN THIS SHIT OFF!! TO GET IOS 10 PERFORMENCE BACK

I DON'T CARE OF BATTERY LIFE APPLE!! ALL I NEED IS SMOOTH EVERYWHERE!!
Anonymous said…
Have the same problems on xs max as well. Stuttering on main menu when swiping left and right, even in apps original and third party. Very annoying. I thought my device was faulty but now i’m slightly relieved. Thanks for the article.
Anonymous said…
Same, I’m having the same problem as well. Stuttering on home screen, swiping anywhere in general. Apps such as Fortnite, PUBG, critical ops, any game where you look around basically is very stuttery. My 6s plus feels smoother than my Xs max. I hope there’s a fix soon.
ManabDutta said…
same with my iphone x 64gb
its only 3 weeks old and its very annoying
the animations while opening/closing apps and while switching apps seem to lag (more like fps drop) the only problem is that its inconsistent pls someone help
i cant deal with lag on my 90k phone!!!!

fyi i went to the apple store to see the new xs apparently that to has the same lag and stutter!
apple seriously get your shit together

any help would be greatly appreciated( i have already restored using itunes)
Anonymous said…
Same here, my XS Max has stutters in everything, from the home screen, to games and apps. I was thinking I was the only. And yeah like others have said my 6s plus feels smoother too. I’m on the latest iOS, IOS 12.1. I’ve tried restoring my phone many times, even DFU restoring but the whole UI still stutters. My guess is that it has something to do with the low performance cores. Hopefully there’s a fix soon.
Anonymous said…
My unit has a scrolling stutter in several apps though minimal stutter, like whenever I glance youtube comments, facebook wall, in the app store it's not kinda buttery smooth. Hope this bug that apple must address.
Anonymous said…
My unit has a scrolling stutter in several apps though minimal stutter, like whenever I glance youtube comments, facebook wall, in the app store it's not kinda buttery smooth. Hope this bug that apple must address immediately.
Anonymous said…
fuk appl