No sound in iTunes when playing music [iMac]


Many Apple device users are facing issue in iTunes that when they try to play music in iTunes it does not sound anything. The mac is set with max volume settings but still there is no sound in iTunes when playing music.  The play header moves in iTunes, but there's no sound on music or movies. Even checked the volume slider, it's all the way up. Some users tried deleting and reinstalling iTunes but this does not seems to fix the issue at all.

itunes not sound while playing musci



The issue is even reported with latest iTunes version 12.8 as well, which is very annoying. But not all mac/iTunes users are facing this issue.
One user posted the issue as
For  iTunes (12.6) on my iMac (OSX 10.11.6) and I can no longer hear my music library through the Mac's speakers.


I have tried all the usual things: the speakers work for other applications, the play head moves when I click on a song, the original files are all present (I can play them in Quicktime) etc, but no sound from iTunes. I think this may have happened when I updated my O/S.

How to fix iTunes music not playing or no sound in iTunes

Fix 1 : Increase internal speaker sound



Click on the AirPlay button (in the upper right of my screen shot), you should see the "Computer" row with a check mark on the right,
Now you will see the volume slider on the "Computer" row somewhat to the right, you  should now see the volume slider on the top row, increase the volume for it and test iTunes.

Fix 2 :Check preference in iTunes

 Other way to fix the issue is to check preferences in iTunes. Please follow the steps: 
 In iTunes go to Edit > Preferences > Playback > Play Audio Using: Direct Sound > OK > Restart iTunes.




Hope these fixes will help you to get back sound on iTunes.



Comments